Open until suitable candidate is found
Full Time, Part Time
Home Care Nurse
Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council (KTC) is comprised of the member Nations of: Loon River First Nation – #476, Lubicon Lake Band – #453, Peerless Trout First Nation – #478, Whitefish Lake First Nation – #459 and Woodland Cree First Nation – #474. KTC was formed in 1995 to facilitate joint action by the member Nations on matters of mutual concern.
While there are many similarities between the Five (5) KTC member Nations, each has its own unique character and features. All are surrounded by a warmth and beauty rich with culture and traditions of the Cree people.
The Home Care Nurse will work to the full RN scope of practice to provide culturally sensitive home care services. Will be responsible for supervising and providing direction to HCA’s. Work in a team with other home care providers to ensure client needs are meet.
• Case management of clients including admissions, RAI assessments, care planning, family conferences, wound management, and palliative care.
• Coordinate with LPN’s and HCA’s to ensure clients are receiving the day-to-day home care services and treatments required.
• Supervision and scheduling of HCA’s for client support and visits.
• Completion of assessments to determine appropriate living options to best provide for the client and family needs.
• Complete assessments and applications for coordination of Transition care and Placement.
• Receive referrals for clients across their life span with varying health care needs.
• Discharge planning to ensure successful return from hospital to home setting.
• Collaborate and coordinate services with other members of the health care team and agencies as required.
• Work independently as required.
• Ability to maintain accurate health records and fulfill reporting requirements.
• Effective interaction with clients, families, staff, supervisors and supporting agencies.
• Ensure that all program initiatives reflect the cultural values, traditions and customs of the Nation.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• A minimum of three years of experience in Home Care Nursing is preferred. A combination of other education and experience will be considered.
• Excellent and effective decision-making skills, oral and written skills, assessment skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, teaching skills and supervisory skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with other care providers.
• Willing, capable and flexible in working to meet the needs of the health department.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Cree culture, organizations and communities. Familiarity with Cree language will be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of indigenous health care concerns and issues.
Education and Qualifications
• Completion of an accredited nursing education program. Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with CRNA.
• Valid and current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
• Computer literacy – certification and/or training in entry level usage.
• Possesses valid driver’s license and is able to provide a driver’s abstract.
• Submission of clear current Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check and child intervention check.
• Oath of confidentiality must be signed prior to commencing employment.
SALARY: Negotiable based on education and experience. Retention bonuses and moving allowances available.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to HealthHR@ktcadmin.ca