Walk with us on our journey towards Excellence in Indigenous Education. Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) serves six schools in five First Nation communities in Northern Alberta. KTCEA was created as a result of the vision of KTC leadership and Elders to provide a high quality, safe, and effective education system designed by Cree people to serve the needs of Cree students. Our programs and services reflect the unique Cree Language and Identity of the KTC Nations.
Reporting to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, and in collaboration with KTCEA’s learning team, the Land Based Learning and Curriculum Specialist, is responsible for providing planning, curriculum/instruction, assessment and leadership initiatives to improve the learning experiences for all students in Land Based Learning. This position is responsible for providing expert Land Based learning Curriculum knowledge in the development of programs and initiatives related to the improvement of Land Based Learning across KTCEA.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
To be discussed
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Education from recognized universities
- Current Alberta Teaching Certificate and Teaching Quality Standard Qualification
- Minimum five (5) years of classroom experience and instruction in Land Based programs, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Fluency in Cree and a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nations culture, organizations, and communities
- Expertise in the development, implementation and monitoring of Land Based Learning curriculum, programs and services
- Sound and current knowledge of current trends and research in Land Based Learning and curricular integration of history, language and culture into all programs of study
- First Aid and WHMIS qualification
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, Elders and community members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Possession of a valid Alberta Driver’s License and ability to travel extensively
RCMP/Police Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (formerly Child Welfare Check, CWIS) submitted prior to commencement of employment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume with references via email to educationHR@ktcea.ca with the job I.D. # KTCEA.2023.16 in the email subject line.