The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council (KTC) is comprised of the member Nations of: Loon River First Nation – #476,
Lubicon Lake Band – #453, Peerless Trout First Nation – #478, Whitefish Lake First Nation – #459 and Woodland Cree First
Nation – #474. KTC was formed in 1995 to facilitate joint action by the member Nations on matters of mutual concern.
While there are many similarities between the Five (5) KTC member Nations, each has its own unique character and
features. All are surrounded by a warmth and beauty rich with culture and traditions of the Cree people.
The primary role of the Tribal Council is to provide guidance and support to the individual member First Nations in developing
and achieving success in the management and administration of their own programs with the intent of developing self-reliance.
- Provide direct nursing care, health assessment, health planning, injury prevention, supportive counseling,
preventative and screening measures, referrals, and evaluation as appropriate to clients and families.
- Provide Public Health services such as but not limited to Immunization for all age groups, influenza program
delivery and health promotion initiatives.
- Provide Communicable Disease Control services including but not limited to outbreak management and
- Provide Maternal/Infant Health services including postpartum support, lactation education, prenatal
education and high-risk assessment of mother, babies and families in the home environment.
- Provide Sexual and Reproductive Health services – May be required to provided STI test and treat, Women’s
Wellness, contraception support, pregnancy testing and education in schools and communities.
- Assist with COVID-19 swabbing, immunizations as well as case notification and follow-up.
- Receive referrals for clients across their life span with varying health care needs.
- Collaborate and coordinate services with other agencies as required.
- Work independently as required.
- Ability to maintain accurate health records and fulfill reporting requirements.
- Ability to deliver health promotion, prevention, and education programs.
- Effective interaction with clients, families, staff, supervisors and supporting agencies.
- Ensure that all program initiatives reflect the cultural values, traditions, and customs of the Nation.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma from an accredited Registered Nurse Program – Baccalaureate degree in nursing is preferred. Other
relevant skills and experience relevant to nursing practice in the community sector will be considered.
- Public Health nursing experience including immunization, Healthy Beginnings and Child Health Clinic
preferred. Other desirable recent nursing experience includes maternal/postpartum and newborn assessment.
- A minimum of three years of experience in Public Health Nursing is preferred.
- Excellent and effective decision-making skills, oral and written skills, assessment skills, interpersonal skills,
organizational skills, teaching skills and supervisory skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with other care providers.
- Willing, capable and flexible in working to meet the needs of the health department.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Cree culture, organizations and communities
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of indigenous health care concerns and issues
Education and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program. Active or eligible for registration and practice
permit with C.A.R.N.A.
- Valid and current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Computer literacy – certification and/or training in entry level usage
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to provide a driver’s abstract.
- Submission of clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check.
- Oath of Confidentiality must be signed prior to commencing employment.
A cover letter and resume with 3 professional references with one being your current supervisor giving KTC
expressed written permission to contact your references. Please send your complete package to:
Sonja Voyageur, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.