Walk with us on our journey towards Excellence in Indigenous Education. Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) serves six schools in five First Nation communities in Northern Alberta. KTCEA was created as a result of the vision of KTC leadership and Elders to provide a high quality, safe, and effective education system designed by Cree people to serve the needs of Cree students. Our programs and services reflect the unique Cree Language and Identity of the KTC Nations.
Reporting to the School Principal, the School Vice-Principal is a member of the KTCEA leadership team. This position is accountable for supporting the School Principal in overseeing the day-to-day operation/instruction of students at his/her school. The incumbent will perform his/her responsibilities consistent with the Alberta Education Leadership Quality Standard
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
To be discussed
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Education from recognized universities
- Permanent Alberta Teaching Certificate and a minimum five (5) years’ successful teaching experience
- Alberta Education LQS Designation
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nations culture, organizations, and communities
- Prior experience as a Vice-Principal an asset
- Prior supervisory experience an asset
- Sound knowledge/awareness of provincial curriculum and relevant, emergent matters in the provincial education system
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in land-based education an asset
RCMP/Police Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (formerly Child Welfare Check, CWIS) submitted prior to commencement of employment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume with references via email to educationHR@ktcea.ca with the job I.D. # CLS.2023.09 in the email subject line.