Atikameg, AB / Edmonton, AB
April 2023 – March 2026
Youth Council Coordinator (Health)
The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council (KTC) Health Department is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to serve as the KTC Youth Council Coordinator for Health. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and leading the activities of the Youth Council, a group of young First Nations leaders who provide input, advice, and guidance on issues related to health in our communities.
• Recruit KTC youth interested in joining the Youth Council.
• Coordinate and facilitate regular meetings of the Youth Council
• Develop and implement programs and initiatives that support the goals and objectives of the Youth Council
• Foster positive relationships with First Nation youth, Elders, and community leaders
• Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to youth council members.
• Collaborate with other organizations and community partners to advance the needs and priorities of youth in our communities.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and other materials for funders, stakeholders, and other audiences.
• Maintain accurate records of Youth Council activities and outcomes.
• Ensure that all activities of the Youth Council are conducted in a safe and respectful manner, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
To be discussed
Education and Qualifications
• A minimum of three years of experience working with Indigenous youth in a leadership or mentorship capacity
• Strong knowledge of Indigenous cultures, histories, and contemporary issues affecting Indigenous youth
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders
• Experience in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with budgeting and financial management
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
To be discussed
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to HealthHR@ktcadmin.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will stay active until a suitable candidate is hired.